Recipes:#10:Hot Pepper Jelly:By Kaynek
Hot Pepper Jelly:
2 medium sized sweet red peppers, corded, seeded, chopped ( about 1 cup)
3 jalapeno peppers, cored,seeded, and finely chopped
2 cups cider vinegar
6 1/2 cups sugar
2 pouches ( 3 ounces each ) liquid pectin
1. In a blender process the peppers with 1 cup of the vinegar until
Caution: Don't touch your face until you have thoughly washed your hands.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large stainless-steel saucepan and add the
sugar and the remaining vinegar. Set on high heat and bring to a rolling
3. Remove the pan from the heat and skim the surface.
4. Stir in the pectin. Return the pan to the heat and bring to a boil
for 1 minute. Repeat step 3.
5. Pour the jelly into hot, STERILIZED 1/2 pint preserving jars. Wipe
the jar rims and seal. Will keep 6 months. yield: 8 1/2 pints jars.
Canning Links/Food Preserving/Peppers