1/2-1 whole medium sized onion, diced
3 TB cornstarch
3 cups skim or low fat milk
2 TBs curry ( at least. Be as liberal as you like with the curry, depending on the tolerance of you and your guests )
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt ( optional )
1 pound cooked shrimp meat
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced ( optional )
1 TB lemon juice
2 cups cooked rice
condiments: rasins,peanuts ( lightly salted are best ) shredded coconut ,chutney, diced pineapple-fresh or canned
1. In a heavy saucepan, saute' onion until translucent, in just enough butter to keep from burning.
2. Mix cornstarch into the milk and add the onion. Cook over medium heat until thick, stir frequently to keep fromburning.
3. Add curry, ginger, and salt.
4. Stir in shrimp. Simmer about 20 minutes while the rice cooks. Add a little more milk if it becomes too thick.
5. Add the hard-boiled eggs and lemon.
6. Serve over rice with the desired conditments.